As we enter a New Year, there’s a certain pressure that builds around us to set clear goals for ourselves and become one step closer to fulfilling our life’s purpose. Particularly as we leave 2020 and all its challenges behind, we have heard from more and more people struggling to find meaning and purpose in their lives.
If you’re feeling a little lost in knowing what matters to you or finding a sense of purpose, this exercise will help you get grounded through self-reflection and soul searching.
The questions below are designed to jumpstart some initial ideas about your life purpose. You do not have to answer all of them – but answer all the ones that inspire you. When you have completed all the questions that interest you, get together with your coach to discuss what core themes are emerging that you can test.
- If you had the power to give the world one gift, what would it be?
- If you had the opportunity to have a conversation with God, what would you talk about?
- What most excites you in this world?
- What most angers you in this world?
- How can you use what most excites you to affect or change those things that most anger you in this world?
- If money were no object, what would you be doing with your life?
- If you had 5 years to live and 5 million dollars, what would you do?
- If you had to spend a year on an isolated island – where all your physical needs would be met, and you could bring any three things with you (no matter how big / small / living or not) what would they be?
- If you could get a private tutor to teach you anything you wanted to learn in life, what would it be?
- What has been the greatest challenge you have overcome so far in your life?
- What great challenges would you like to help other people overcome in their lives?
- List the three people you admire most in the world. What is it about each of these people that you admire?
- If you could start your life all over again with the knowledge you have today, what would you do differently?
- If you could choose to have a special gift or calling, what would it be?
- What is the most important thing in the world according to your spiritual beliefs? What is your role?
- Think of a moment in the last three weeks when you were truly happy. Describe in one word what made that moment happy for you.
- If you had no fear and endless life – what would you do?
- If you were given 10 million dollars to create a charity / non-profit organization – what would you build it around?
- If now is the end of your life, what would you most regret not having done?
- If you were playing a game where you had the ability to create your own character, with a purpose, a mission, and a set of magical powers, what character(s) would you create?
After answering these questions, if you’d like to discuss your thoughts and get additional insights, you are welcome to schedule a call with Nahid by calling 714-931-2133.